Monday, June 20, 2011

Taco Seasoning

Inspired by Aaron. We bought everything for tacos but forgot the seasoning. After reading Aaron's recipe for it I wanted to try to make our own. I agree with Aaron, we will never buy "the mix" again. I thought about making a bunch of this up sometime to use for dips and such at a later date.

I was so happy with the results. This made my nose run, but didn't make my mouth numb or taste disgusting. This was a really good spicy. This year we are going to try to grow some foods and herbs as fresh is much better than boxed or canned.


Stay tuned for a better recipe after a food dehyrater is purchased and some peppers are grown.


You can either mix this up beforehand or add it while you are cooking, it doesn't really matter. Brown your beef adding a dash of salt and pepper to help season and drain. Add in the seasonings and 3/4 cup water. Simmer and let it thicken.

Measurements are approximate. Can be altered to your taste.
1 Tsp - Paprika
Dash - Cilantro
Dash - Onion powder
Dash - Garlic powder
1 Tsp - Cayenne pepper
1 Tsp Cumin seed
Dash - Salt
Dash - Pepper


No comments:

Post a Comment